Do you want to return something? No problem!
- IMPORTANT - Please be sure to contact us before returning any items, as we will need to know the reason for the return, and discuss the appropriate course of action.
- You can return any item within 14 days of receipt for an exchange or refund, provided the items are in new, un-used and unwashed condition.
- Should we approve a refund, we will refund the price you purchased your item at. This includes sale items.
- For all returns, the items returned must be in their original, unwashed condition, which includes tags and any packaging - this includes all shipping threads (the white threads attached to the Hakama to keep the pleats in place during shipping, and the removable strings attached to the Shinai).
- For returns involving defective items, we require photographs detailing the defect. Please email these to us with your enquiry.
- All goods will be inspected on return.
- The goods are your responsibility until they reach our warehouse, so make sure they are packed up properly and can't get damaged on the way!
- We are not responsible for any items that are returned to us by mistake, or items returned due to refused delivery.
- Make sure you use a postal service that insures you for the value of the items you are returning or obtain proof of posting.
- Customised and/or personalised items such as made to order Bogu and Iaito, and or items with embroidery/engraving are NON RETURNABLE.
Most importantly, we are here to help you, and whatever the nature of your return, we will work to the fullest of our capacity to ensure an acceptable solution is reached.
My item doesn't fit... can I return it?
Yes, this is no problem at all, provided that it is in new, unused and unwashed condition. However, we will need to determine the cause of the situation, so we can be sure to handle the issue appropriately. For example, if you have supplied the correct measurements, and we sent you the wrong size, we will cover the return shipping costs for you. However, if you supplied the incorrect sizes, then we are afraid you will be responsible for the shipping costs of the return. Therefore, please contact us before shipping any items back to us.
IMPORTANT - due to the nature of Budo products (particularly Kendo equipment) the correct sizes can be very confusing with new items, especially to those who are new to the activity. For example, Bogu parts often feel much too small when they are new - this is because they are designed to stretch to fit your exact size with use. Further, cotton uniforms are liable to shrinkage with washing, so can often seem too large at first, but after a couple of washes, they will shrink down to the correct fit. However, as we do not accept returns on used or washed items, if you are in doubt please don't hesitate to contact us.
The item isn't how I imagined it, I don't like it.
If you would like to return an item to us because it is not how you thought it would be, or you simply don't like it, then that is no problem at all. Provided the item is returned to us in new, unused/unwashed condition, we will happily refund* you for its value.
However, we are afraid that in such cases we are unable to refund any delivery costs, and we regret to inform that you will be responsible for the cost of shipping the item back to us.
*Refunds will be granted by way of a credit note.