Careers at KendoStar
We are currently recruiting for the following opportunity:
Customer Relations Administrator and Order Fulfilment Manager
About the Job:
KendoStar is a business that is built on the values and principles of the Japanese art of Kendo, and we are looking for new team members who are ready to help us spread the practice of Kendo worldwide.
We are looking for a candidate that wants to be part of a fast-growing business and wants to make an impact. We are looking for someone that is hard working that can use their initiative, is able to work as part of a small team and independently. Particularly, we are looking for a person to join our team for the long-run, who is looking to develop a rewarding career that will help grow our vision, achieve personal individual goals, and ultimately increase the practice of Kendo globally.
It will be this person’s role to help ensure that KendoStar operates to its maximum potential along with supporting Andy Fisher, founder of KendoStar, and the rest of the KendoStar team. To ensure that we continue to provide the best Kendo products in the world, whilst delivering unbeatable service, at fantastic speed.
The role will involve daily order fulfilment duties, as well as customer service via digital mediums such as email, and social media. However, it will also potentially include a wide array of aspects of our business - including stock management, marketing, digital media production, and more.
We are looking to provide the successful candidate with the perfect environment for developing a career with us, as well as fantastic opportunities for Kendo training.
Most importantly, we are looking for someone who loves Kendo, and shares our vision of helping it spread around the world. We want someone who is motivated, ambitious, and eager to succeed.
What you MUST have:
- The right to live and work in the United Kingdom (this means you must already have a status of residence currently in place that allows you to work full time in the UK - we are not accepting applications from candidates who do not yet have a valid visa or status of residence that meets these criteria)
- Actively be an enthusiastic practitioner of Kendo (though your grade/ability is not relevant, as long as you love Kendo)
- We have no requirements in terms of basic level of education or previous experience, but require fluency in English language, both written and spoken, or alternatively, native-level fluency in Japanese language, both written and spoken.
- Prepared to work hard, with a strong appetite for success. Success for us a business will always be reciprocated to our staff.
- A presentable, well-mannered demeanour, including a neat and tidy appearance.
Although not essential, we will take particular interest in candidates who have the following:
- Ability to speak a language in addition English, preferably Japanese, but other languages are also a plus!
- A Full Driving Licence.
- Ability or proficiency in digital media, photo editing, graphic design, video editing or similar.
- Experience in E-commerce, Social Marketing, or other similar sectors.
The starting salary for this position is negotiable depending on the candidate, but we are considering £15,000-£20,000 p/a as an initial starting point - depending on experience. 28 days paid holiday (including Bank Holidays). Potential to discuss other benefits, including company phone, car, gym membership, healthcare plans etc.
The position will begin with an initial 3-month trial period, where we can both make sure we are a good fit.
- Flexible working hours
- Primarily: Monday – Friday 9am – 5pm
- Occasional weekends and evenings if needed happy to discuss at interview.
- Potential for business trips around the UK, and worldwide - including Japan.
The position is based at our main head office in Blackpool, UK. You must be able to work from this location.
69 Holmfield Road
How to apply:
Please email a Curriculum Vitae, and a cover letter or video letting us know why you think you are the ideal candidate, to email@example.com
Only successful applicants will be contacted for interview. Interview may be conducted in person, or over Zoom, depending on circumstances.